Who we are
- RyGas Ltd are a property maintenance and developing company based in Morden, Surrey. We are a data controller of personal data.
- For enquiries about data security and privacy, please contact: email@example.com
- We reserve the right to amend this policy from time to time as we continue to improve our service.
What information will we collect
- We will require certain information upon you contacting us to instruct/use our services. These details will be full name, address, email address for service information/updates, telephone number for service information/updates and payment details. In addition:
- Records of notes of telephone conversations and of email contact
- Records of goods and services provided to you
How will we collect your information
- This information may be acquired from third parties, such as the Letting Agent with whom you will have first made contact to view the property. Or you may directly have provided this information.
How will your information be used
- To produce a contract between ourselves
- To produce records of our financial activity to comply with HMRC guidance
- To manage all aspects of our services to you
- To improve our services to you
On what grounds do we collect your information
- Necessary for carrying out our services for you, in a professional and timely manner.
- Legally required to meet our statutory obligations under legislation such as ‘Building Regulations’ ‘Gas Safe’ ‘NIC EIC’ ‘Local Authorities’
- Required to register guarantees to manufacturers of your installed products.
For how long do we hold your information
We will keep your information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes that we describe in this policy. As a general rule we will keep:
- For the duration as required to comply with HMRC and regulatory guidance on financial record keeping.
- For the purpose of tenants, in which a letting agent or landlord has provided the necessary information we will only hold those details until notified of change of occupancy.
- Payment details will be on a job instruction basis over which once we have attended will be destroyed upon each instruction. This is to ensure our security of travel/diary time/material purposes.
Subject to the above periods, and any others as required by statute, we will not retain your information beyond those
Who will we share your information with
- We will never sell your information to a third party
- We will share your information with third parties as follows:
- To fulfil our obligations under the governing bodies, for example notifying building regulations departments, gas safe, NICEIC. In the instance you buy a product from us that comes with a manufacturers guarantee, we will share your details as required to fulfill your guarantee rights.
- Our professional advisors
- Law enforcement agencies, law courts, regulators, government authority or such third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation or to protect our
- Debt collection services should you not pay for works carried out as under contract.
Transferring or processing your information outside of the EU
- We store and backup records on software providers whose servers are based outside of the EU. To safeguard your information, we have been assured that these providers are compliant with GDPR standards.
- This Privacy Notice is for your right to be informed
- Access to the information we hold – this will be provided upon request
- To rectify any information that may be incorrect
- To be forgotten – request that the information we hold be erased – we will comply if it is no longer necessary for the purpose originally obtained, and if not required to meet any legal obligation
- To restrict processing – we will restrict processing if so instructed to do so, and where the legitimate interest or legal obligation no longer requires us to do
- To data portability – we will provide the data in a standard format, if requested, for your own use
- To object (Opt out) – we will stop the use of data for direct marketing if so requeste